To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
A church of real people, inviting everyone into a relationship with Jesus Christ by intentionally living lives of faith, hope, and love within our families, our congregation, community, and the world.
- I will practice prayer as a spiritual discipline
- I will faithfully participate in worship
- I will tithe or move towards tithing as a spiritual discipline
- I will live as to inspire others through my Christian character and service
- I will invite others to join me in growing in grace
- I will accept responsibility for my personal spiritual growth by actively participating in a small group (Sunday school, ongoing Bible study, etc.)
- That Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the redeemer of the world. (John 3:16)
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is present for guidance, comfort, and strength for living our lives. (Acts 10:45) **More on the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible is the living Word of God. (1 Peter 1:23)
- We believe that God answers prayer (Philippians 4:6)
- We believe that The Church is the fullest expression of the will, mission and heart of Christ and that each Christian is called to passionately participate in the church.
(1 Corinthians 1:2 & 1 Peter 2:4-10)
- We believe that every Christian is called to actively participate in their own faith development and that each Christian is called to live boldly for Jesus. (2 Timothy 2:15)
Adopted in May, 2010 by the Administrative Board of Nederland First Methodist Church